A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Big M

Milk -2

Nice-tasting milk in a Nicely-designed bottle.

Milk -1

It says 'Low G.I. for sustained energy release'.

Means that the carbohydrates will breakdown slowly, releasing glucose gradually into the bloodstream instead of giving a high fast glucose response!

Ok. What I gathered from the net about low G.I. ...

The glycemic index is a ranking of carbohydrates based on their immediate effect on blood glucose (blood sugar) levels. It compares foods gram for gram of carbohydrate.

• Low GI means a smaller rise in blood glucose levels after meals

• Low GI diets can help people lose weight --> (Hey..this helps keep my weight in check!)

• Low GI diets can improve the body's sensitivity to insulin

• Low GI can improve diabetes control

• Low GI foods keep you fuller for longer --> (Good. Then I won't crave too fast and eat too much!)

• Low GI can prolong physical endurance --> (Good. Especially for breakfast.)

My conclusion: Its a good bottle of milk for the following reasons:

1. Tastes nice. Not too sweet.

2. Nice packaging. Nice pink bottle.

3. I won't grow fat from it.

4. Keeps me fuller for a longer duration.

5. Can tahan me longer till lunchtime, if I drink it for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home