A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Financial Advisors

Recently, the number of financial advisors seem to be increasing exponentially or something. I've got some friends who suddenly popped up from nowhere (And god knows where he/she dug my HP number out from. I don't remember owning a HP in primary and secondary school) after like a 1000 years of MIA, 'just to keep in contact' or just to 'ask me how I'm doing'. Its like, SUDDENLY want to keep in contact, when after donkey's years there has been no efforts to want to keep in contact?

I would like to express that I have absolutely NO prejudices against financial advisors, or the occupation as a financial advisor, or anything to do with financial planning. Yes, I do have my own financial advisor as well. And he's a good one. And to me, having 1 good financial advisor is enough. I absolutely do not need like 3 or 4 bugging me throughout the year.

He doesn't bother me with calls all throughout the year. He truly knows what I can afford and what I can't afford..What my priorities are right now. He doesn't call up to bug. Usually we are the ones to bug him when we are ready to take up another plan, or for a re-assessment. He doesn't care so much about psycho-ing me to buy insurance plans that can generate more bucks for himself. Sorry, I can't really say the same for other financial advisors. I mean, I don't blame them for wanting to make more money. But they should have the basic sensibility to stop hanging around me like a pest, after I outrightedly express my zero, completely zap zero, totally nil interest in their service.

Well OK. They will always say, let them have a chance to meet up just to talk abit. Its not that I'm totally conservative and closed to any other suggestions that might be beneficial. But sometimes I'm just too busy, too tired and/or preoccupied with other things. And most importantly, in the first place I already have my own financial advisor for years and some insurance plans. So naturally, meeting up for such a session is absolutely not on top of my priority list right now. But they don't get it. They still bug. And bug.

And there are those that approach people on the streets. Help them do a survey? Sure. But what the hell. A supposedly 5 minutes duration survey becomes a persistent, never-ending session of psycho-ing and preaching session on insurance-related stuffs. They don't let you go, unless you give them your number, afterwhich they'll call and call.

Refuse to help them do a survey? They'll keep on following you for like don't know how many kilometres.

Persistence doesn't always earn you money. Sincerity does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home