A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Has 2006 been good so far?

New year day was real bad. At first I've decided not to put in this entry, because I find that its rather painful to write about this. But then, a blog is like a diary. Its supposed to make me feel better by writing it all out.

New Year Day. I spent almost 10 hours in the hospital waiting for dad. His operation was about 5.5 hours. He started with a stomachache, so we ate dinner without him. Not long after, we could hear moans and cries of pain from him. Breaking out in cold sweat, unable to walk or do anything due to the pain. After which we decided to call for one of those non-emergency ambulance. Yup and it took like 45 minutes to reach my place. And I had to pay 80 bucks just for the trip to CGH. The A&E doctor diagnosed that his duodenum (check out the anatomy book if you don't know where that is) has got a nasty hole. And the food contents leaked out, apparently decomposed and soiled all the areas outside the intestines. Mass soilage, thats what they called it. Immediate operation was needed. So I waited throughout the night for dad, while the surgeon worked on patching up the hole and cleaning up the insides. I didn't get to leave the hospital until 6am in the morning.

The past few days I've been running to and fro from the hospital. Very tired. Wake up at 5am in the morning, get ready to go to work, start work, knock off work, rush to hospital to visit dad. I wonder how long more this has to go on. I'm really drained.

Dad is still in ICU and will be in ICU for some time before he gets transfered to a normal ward. Hope everything goes well. Hope dad will be back on time for chinese new year.

-----
I realised that if one is really tired, one can fall asleep anytime and anywhere. Like today I fell asleep while standing on the train. I ever saw one person who dozed off while chewing her food halfway. One can doze off while typing halfway. Lots of things are possible when you are really drained.
-----
So its been a lousy 2006 so far. May the lousiness end soon. Let me have a good 2006.

-----
Can't think of what else to put in this entry. I'm really very tired.
Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home