A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Year Two-O-O-six

Irene - 32

Happy New Year to all!

Ok its already 1 Jan 2006 and I haven't decided on all my new year resolutions yet. Procrastinator, thats me. Haha. Look what Wikipedia says about the word Procrastination.

"Procrastination or "task aversion" is the irrational delay of an intended course of action, even while expecting to be worse off for the delay. The procrastinator deviates from the task, usually in favor of another more enjoyable (or less unenjoyable) activity. This behavior is pervasive throughout society - everyone procrastinates to some degree - but some people are so chronically affected as to be severely debilitated."

I'm likely to be one of those chronically affected ones. I'm a chronic procrastinator. I procrastinate permanently, long term. Disgusting. But I can't help it.

-----
I hope my 2006 will be a better one. 2005 hasn't been that good.
-----
Something that someone wrote about me:
“She's so thin, then always carry such a big haversack, really gives people the impression she's like a refugee on the run like tat.”
First of all, I would like to clarify that I'm not exactly very thin. I'm just slim, ok.
Secondly, I don't always carry a big haversack around all over the place. It just happens that when you see me, I always happen to carry a big haversack.
And hey, I definitely look much more stylo than refugees on the run, even though I'm slim (not thin) and have a big haversack sometimes (not always).
Haha.
-----
I think I need new speckies. I need one of those more modern-looking ones. And I definitely need a re-assessment of my myopic status.
I do have contact lens. But I can't wear them for long hours. Wear 'em for more than 3 hours and my eyes will be ultra dry with blurred vision. Artificial tears doesn't help. Maybe I should try those new contacts that they are selling outside, those those..those that triggers moisture to be released from the lens when you blink your eyes. And I should also try those new ones that makes the eyes look bigger. I seriously have small eyes. Small eyes with single eyelids, pah. What luck.
-----
Some pics I took while on my way to dinner. Empty roads always gives me a nice but empty hopeless feeling. The kind of hopelessness is not those totally negative types. Its a kind of feeling of relief. Its like when you finally decide to give up on something thats impossible and you feel relieved after that.

Road -2


Road - 1

Out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home