A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Assorted Thoughts

I got an urge to go shopping. NOW. TOMORROW. THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW. EVERYDAY. I wanna buy clothes. Buy Accessories. Bags. Loads of Meiji snacks. Vegetables. CDs. TechnieStuffs. ANYWHERE. ANYTHING. EVERYTHING.

But I can't.

I have no money. I need to save. I need to pay bills. I have to rest. I can't walk too much with my wound still there.

I feel happy even shopping around for a little while at the hospital pharmacy. Shows you how deprived I am.

I think I got this shopping fanatic inclination or something. Its mental. Its in me. Its in my mind. The monster haunts me whenever I don't shop for a week. Then it forces me to go shopping. Then I get relief from shopping. But I get mentally twisted whenever I go shopping and see things that I can't buy. Its the monster. I know its the monster.

*****
Post-surgical wounds are very marfan. I have to cover it with plastic and tape it up during my bath. And during the bath, the tapes still allow water to seep in. So I have to like bathe and dap it with a big towel, den bathe again, and repeat that many times until I finish my bath. And not to mention that its real painful when I sneeze. Unfortunately I'm born with a sensitive nose. So now I spend the whole day trying to prevent myself from sneezing by rubbing my nose or holding it so that I don't sneeze. Try doing that. It doesn't feel good.
*****
Rainy, cold nights always makes me have an intense craving for porridge. Teochew porridge especially. But oh well, since its not possible right now, I guess I'll just settle for instant mashed potatoes. Add more water to make it more watery. I had potatoes with butter for dinner. I've had potato chips. Now potatoes again. Hope I don't become a potato.
*****
Time really pass so fast. Even when I'm on MC, it passes just as fast. But kenna-ing acute appendicitis is kinda like a blessing in disguise. At least it allows me to rest and recharge. I'm like a punctured tyre before I was hospitalized, with all the shuttling between work and visiting dad at the hospital and meddling the household responsibilities. Now at least I get to rest for one more week.
*****
Bought Toto today. Let me win the grand prize. If I strike the grand prize, I'll donate some to charity. Then I'll get a partime job instead. Work a few hours a day. Or find jobs that allows me to work from home. Then I can accompany mom at home properly everyday, and visit dad at the hospital properly everyday. Pick up some new skills. Do things that I like. Learn things that I like. I promise I won't laze around if I win the grand prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home