A bespectacled 25 year old nerdy girl with sensitive eyes so dry that she couldn't put on contacts properly.

Friday, December 02, 2005

TGIF!

Hi! TGIF! Very thankful that its friday! Weeeeekennnnd!

Today I had this free pizza lunch treat by 2 of the lab people who passed their PHD qualifying exam. Actually I don't really see the need to actually celebrate by giving the whole lab a treat. But oh well, since its free for me, why not. We had 2 pizzas (Canadian 2 for 1 pizza), garlic bread (which was quite hard, Pastamania's is nicer), Calamari (Tasted abit..as though its not 100% calamari), Potato Wedges (with lotsa seasoning powder on it), chilled coke, chilled green tea. And oh yes, the chilled green tea gave me a tumtum ache for the rest of the day. I like green tea alot. But sometimes after drinking it I get a tumtum ache. Its not like its super achey, but its those kind of dull pain that keeps gnawing at the central abdomen. I'm still having abit of tumtum ache now. Price for drinking chilled green tea. Aww.

And oh yes, had journal club right after lunch. Its a blue moon tonight. Becos' I didn't kenna arrowed to answer questions or interpret diagrams at all. So peer out your window now to spot the blue moon. Its a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing.

Aww. I looooove the journal club. Its coool..Its my passion!

Yeeaaaahh riggghhhht.

Raining. Its raining now. Just now the wind practically howled. My main door banged shut. The wind howled. I kinda shivered. Its cold. I haven't had my bath for the night. I'm not supposed to be online tonight. But I had a sudden urge to blog. I'm supposed to sleep early. The raindrops still fallin'. Its still cold. I gotta pluck up my guts to overcome the cold temperature to go bathe soon. Need to brush toothies first. Still got tumtum aches. I feel like drinking campbells chicken corn soup though. I think I'll go drink my Ginseng Cereal for supper. Healthier.

It suddenly occured to me that 'Apple Strudel' makes a cute nick, while I was eating TioGlutton Cheesesticks and watching telly. I've changed my msn nick to Apple Strudel. Heh. Why didn't I think of it earlier..could have used it for my blog manz. But then White Fluffy Puppy also sounds cute mah hor. I got the inspiration for the nick 'White Fluffy Puppy' while I was downloading Cinnamoroll Wallpaper last time.

Should I keep Konfabulator on my computer? Or should I uninstall it? It looks nice and everything, but I don't really use it much. Hmmz. I shall decide over the weekend whether to keep it or not.

A research found that Height is one of the risk factors for Myopia. Its not like you'll definitely get Myopia if you are tall, but being tall is one of the risk factors for Myopia, in addition to other risk factors of course. Understand? Cos' tall people have longer eyeball length. Cos' eyeball length is related to myopia, if I remember correctly. Its something like the longer your eyeball length, the higher the probability of getting myopia. But of course, I'm not trying to say that being tall will definitely give you myopia. Alot of other factors count in as well.

Hmm. Thinking of it, most of my friends who are not-so-short are almost all myopic. Then those short ones, eyesight all quite good. Even if they are myopic, its only quite mild. But there are suggestions that say that those who are not myopic are at a higher risk of getting long sightedness as they age. Then have to wear those 'Lao Hua' specs. I think if I have to wear specs, I'd rather wear myopic specs thatn Lao Hua specs. Myopic specs seem much more stylo. Or at least more stylo than having a Lao Hua specs at the periphery of your nose area lor.

Recently not many pics. No time no chance to snap pics.

This was taken in the lab sometime at work. When I was procrastinating. I mean, super procrastinating. Ultra procrastinating. I thought I looked quite intellectual in this pic, so I'm showing it off here.

Irene - 29


And these were taken during one of the weekends:

Irene - 25

Irene - 24

Ya, abit zhi(4) lian(4) to keep showing my own pics. Tomorrow will try to snap other stuffs and put it up.

What a long entry. I think I can only write properly on Fridays. Other days of the week I'm like a pathetic zombie.

Okai. Gotta go for bath liao. Its already 12.20am. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really feel quite pretty ah. the last 2 pics ar.---. gor

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home